View Single Post
Old 11-26-2014, 01:48 PM   #1543
Special Teams ACE!!!

15. The Bad Guy

I'm not going to go for the obvious "insider" joke. The Bad Guy has been too good to this place. Besides, that joke has been attempted before, and I don't have an Orioles forum that I can run to for protection if things get too out of hand. So I guess we'll just live on with The Bad Guy having us all fooled.

That being said, there's no reason why we can't make educated guesses as to the identity of the source, is there? It shouldn't be too hard. We need a guy who has basically been with the team for as long as this forum has been around. And I really doubt that Concessions Stand Employee #24 is privy to that kind of team access. So we can probably eliminate a few hundred names there.

The source in recent years has been the most active in feeding information during regime changes (Carl -> Pioli; Pioli -> Reid/Dorsey). He also has apparent information about draft boards, since we were fed the "updates" on the Chiefs #1 overall pick. So again, I'm thinking this is a person around a lot of heavy decisions.

I have no clue from this list who most of these people are, and the ones I can recognize don't fit the longevity description of the source.

Except for two people.

Clark Hunt. Given that The Bad Guy is just some asshole, I fail to see how he has ever made any kind of meaningful connection to the Hunt family where he could rattle off an e-mail asking for inside information, and they would totally let him in on sensitive secrets.

And there's one other guy.

Bob Moore. Rufus Dawes.

That's our guy. That's the insider who let us know this stuff before everybody else did.

Don't believe me? Think my reasoning ****ing sucks? Well suck on this little nugget:

I've got a guy I've known for years who is close to The Bad Guy family and friends network who doesn't want to be identified, and he can confirm that Rufus Dawes is The Bad Guy's source.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.