View Single Post
Old 06-21-2021, 11:45 PM   #1790
DeadPunisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC_Connection View Post
He averaged 2 blocks a game over the series (which would place him among the league leaders). Embiid’s mere presence is also often enough to deter players from driving to the basket.

The reason Philly lost that series was not their defense (they are 2nd in the league in that and held Trae Young to 39% shooting and Atlanta struggled to score for most of it). The issue was that they couldn’t score anywhere near enough and that is primarily because they played a player for most of the series that the Hawks didn’t even have to guard. They were playing 4 on 5 on offense every possession (which allowed Embiid to get doubled easily).
I would point to Game 5 as the reason they lost the series. Embiid and Curry score 30+ and no other player broke double digits. I mean, that's just ridiculous for an NBA playoff team. Simmons is obviously not an outside threat, but he didn't even try to assert himself going to the rim at all in those 4th quarters.

Doc Rivers was definitely an improvement at HC, but man, he just let too many of the games get away from him, and he was left just staring at the court like he was Romeo Crennel.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.ChiefsFanatic wants to die in a aids tree fire.