View Single Post
Old 07-09-2020, 06:50 PM   #28116
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I'd put it just a small tick behind Smith's.

Not much - it's probably a fair comparison - but a little.

I'll be interested to see what Brown does this year. In Hill's first year as a starter, Smith was able to get him 16 yards/catch for 1200 yards and a pro bowl nod. He had the arm to let Hill do Hill things. Obviously Hill was made better by Mahomes, but he wasn't grounded by any stretch of the imagination w/ Smith. Alex Smith had the pure arm talent to make Tyreek Hill the most dangerous deep threat in the league in his first year as a starter.

I don't think Jackson can do that. I don't think he has the juice to turn Hollywood Brown into a superstar.
While I was impressed with how the Ravens re-invented their offense to Jackson's strengths, I was less than impressed at how they fit Hollywood into that scheme. In Andy's offense, Tyreek was never in the same spot at any given time. Whether that was from the slot, the backfield, or on an overloaded side of the field with Kelce and Wilson/Watkins. Brown often felt like afterthought in the second part of the Ravens season.

I am concerned about Brown's foot injuries (especially because they tend to be of the nagging variety). I'm wondering if his stat-line is going to be more destined to look like Sammy Watkins' than Hill's for that reason.
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.