Thread: Movies and TV CBS: Star Trek
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2017, 09:00 AM   #361
BAMF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Trek movies I-VI found some way to explain/kill off the technology advances, didn't they? Project Genesis was basically explained as, "It was a cool idea, but it didn't work and everything went to shit." Transwarp drive on the Excelsior went away because... Paris and Janeway turned into salamanders? I thought there was something explained in Undiscovered Country about why the transwarp drive wasn't possible.

In any case, Discovery has to do something about all the technology that ADVANCES plot. I don't give a shit about the futuristic-looking gizmos and gadgets that are out of place. As far as I'm concerned that's all presentation stuff which is superfluous to better story telling.

The REAL problem is this spore shit. It has no place in this timeline. They're going to have to find some way to kill off this technology. I think they will. I HOPE they will.

I'm absolutely with Frazod on this. God... this could be so interesting. It's decent, but it could be so much better if it weren't a goddamn prequel.
Spoiler!

Edit:
Spoiler!

Last edited by bowener; 10-18-2017 at 09:13 AM..
bowener has disabled reputation