View Single Post
Old 01-15-2020, 05:08 PM   #19
Starter

Creating an offense so unstoppable that no defense could possibly stop it is a good direction to go. Upgrading at RB, another TE, and WR would be nice. But all of those are luxuries. I think most of that can be covered in free agency and mid draft.

But overall, I think we need to invest in the defense as much as possible. Because another direction to go is putting the nastiest defense you can behind Mahomes and good luck beating that.

For the draft, I think it is about analyzing the marginal benefits you could acquire elsewhere. Like if it's marginally better than someone we could get in a later round or free agency, we can wait.

So I still say BPA like others here. If we want to prioritize the O Line or D Line as needs, or corners/ILB, that is important. But we don't need to draft them early necessarily unless there is a truly game changing player in that position. Across multiple positions, there likely will be that. Just trust the scouting and go for players we believe will have the most impact. I'm sure we will have our eyes on gems we can get in later rounds or free agency. Every draft is different, but it's typically easier to find gems later when it comes to offensive weapons, especially with Mahomes setting you up.
Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.Walt White is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.