Thread: Food and Drink Strouds fried chicken
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2019, 04:51 PM   #143
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Side Note: This thread makes me oddly nostalgic for some of the old restaurants that have closed down like Stephenson's Apple Orchard and The Golden Ox.

I can't say I went to either of them more than 3-4 times as a kid, but those were places that had been around for 50-60+ years and just couldn't survive the chain explosions. Now a lot of those chains are struggling and places that could make it through that lean stretch are recovering nicely.

Always happy to see places like that keep their lights on.
Ahh man, my parents used to take me to Sunday brunch buffet at the Stephenson's north of the river near 1-29 and 64th street when I was a kid. Loved it. I never made it out to the main location.

Papa Nick's 21-21 on Antioch in Gladstone....felt like a Goodfella's style mafia restaurant, dark and smoky. I honestly don't remember the food but I loved the atmosphere.

Annie's Sante Fe at Bannister Mall in the 80s... looking back I doubt the food was particularly special as a kid I loved that place's beef enchiladas and cheese dip.
I miss the 80's style indoor malls like Bannister and Metro North. Grab a taco dog at Taco Via and beg my Mom for a new Commodore 64 game from Babbages.

One place I hope never closes is FunHouse Pizza on 40 hwy.
FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.FlorentinePogen must have mowed badgirl's lawn.