Thread: Other Sports Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
View Single Post
Old 02-26-2017, 10:22 AM   #895
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frazod View Post
I bought a Garand a few years ago. It was beautiful, and cool, and historic, but it was also a twitchy pain in the ass, required special ammo, and I was always afraid I was going to mash my thumb while loading a clip, since I never shot it enough to get comfortable with it. I kept it for about a year and then sold it - at least I got back the $1,300 I paid for it.

Got an M1A from Palmetto for about the same price, which basically has all the cool features of the Garand without the headaches. Could I have gotten a more functional AR 10 for less money? Sure. But I wanted old school coolness.

And it is a joy to shoot.
Paid $700 for my M1 Garand from the CMP. 1942 receiver with a 1945 Barrel. Non of it is matching but it is beautiful.

Spent $200 more to throw on an authentic military stock. It came with new wood and I didn't care for it. I am in love with the gun.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.