Thread: Misc VOIP Scam Calls
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2023, 12:37 PM   #3
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
What can you do? Not have a phone.

It's bullshit but I consider them a fact of life and just decline the call as soon as they come up. It's pretty easy to tell which ones are on my phone though because I have a California number and I live in Oregon. Most of the scams come through with the same area code as my number.
Yep.

There's no way to really stop them. The Do Not Call registry is a joke - it's super easy to get around that.

Plus with number portability (both VOIP and mobile phones) and the fact that ANI numbers can be spoofed easily means there's really no way to stop it. They can just rotate through phone numbers in your local or neighboring exchange.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote