Thread: Food and Drink Plaza III To Close
View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 03:19 PM   #74
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooper barrett View Post
Did you work for Mathews in Tulsa? (I did business with them in KC in the 90's) Or, ???? their name on SW BLVD and 7th St that was APA or Bumper to Bumper then Parts Plus now a Mexican food processor
No Tulsa business, only Oklahoma store I did business with was the Woolwine store in Guyman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I am familiar with ADI/Carquest. I started out in 80 or 81 at Hickman Mills Auto Supply, was there for 5 years. We used ADI a lot. Then went to Dave's Auto Parts (4 stores in Johnson Co.) I believe the owner, Dave Duncan, went to work for Carquest sometime after he sold the stores to Parts Plus.

I kind of bounced around after that. Spent a miserable year at a British car parts store, another miserable year or so at Schneider Bailey selling after market air conditioners. Worked for a bit at a place called Motor Pool, then finished up a couple of different stints at O'Reilly's.

I finally got tired of it and went to college to get a degree and a career in IT.
ADI was a really big deal back in the day, and I hadn't thought about Daves in a long time. One of the local salesman took me out there once. Was he the guy that would cut your tie off if you wore one in to his store? Our salesman made sure I took mine off before we went into that store.

I remember hearing that Motor Pool name, and of course the O'Reilly's thing went bonkers. Spent some time out in LA with Larry O'Reilly at a AWDA conference. One of my neighbors down here retired after 34 years with them.

Your career sounds similar to mine except for the IT part. Good for you!

My education was in electronics so I got back into that for the remainder of my career.

Last edited by HemiEd; 02-21-2018 at 03:27 PM..
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.