Thread: Food and Drink 50 Beers to Try Before You Die
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2017, 03:29 PM   #3802
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimBone View Post
See, I get all confused when we start talking about who owns what brand and all that. I just looked up Dos Equis to see if it would qualify for the non-craft international and it's made by Cervecería Cuauhtémoc Moctezuma, which is a Mexico subsidiary of Heineken. I'd guess that would qualify as non-craft international, right?

I've just always considered Lagunitas as a craft brewery that sold out to the man....but I would still call them craft, I would think. Similar to places like Goose Island, Karbach, and Wicked Weed, right? Or did some of those breweries only sell a portion of their company to the big beer industry?
Yeah, it's splitting hairs at this point. The term "craft" at this point is pretty meaningless, imo. I know the Brewer's Association is trying to push the craft label, literally a logo on beer labels, to keep a clear distinction between breweries that fit their criteria as "craft breweries" and breweries owned by big beer. I'm in the drink what you like camp, but I respect those that refuse to support non-craft breweries. There are legit reasons, mostly fair, competitive distribution. But it's really just a mess of confusion for the average, even above average, beer drinker.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.