View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 01:56 PM   #50
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven View Post
Look, I appreciate that. I'm just saying, it's not my jam is all. I want to hear real emotion besides ****ing rage. Rage is good, it has it's place, but only every great once in a while...not every song.

And I know, I'm probably not hearing enough of it I guess.

Seriously, I appreciate the music, but the vocalizing is just awful in my ears is all. The screamiest I ever got was Pantera, and that shit got screamy, but I dunno...in an appropriate way. And was hardly ever unintelligible growling.
I was much the same way as you even 10 years ago. Then a friend exposed me to some really quality bands. The good ones aren't "all rage". They alternate between heavy and soft, loud and quiet, aggressive and atmospheric. It creates a contrast and tension that isn't found in a lot of other music because the differences are so striking when they go from growing to singing.

Also, the growling isn't unintelligible. In many ways, it's like learning a new language. Once you listen to it enough, you start to understand what they are saying. Also, some of the music is so good that it's worth listening to the growling anyway.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.