Thread: Chiefs Lucas Niang opts out...
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2020, 09:08 AM   #94
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post

And he gives a message a lot of posters here should take to heart.
O.City has made a fair point here, though.

He will be flying blind a LOT more having opted out than he would've playing. Yes, he'll be a little more exposed (probably), but he'll also know a lot sooner and with a lot more certainty if he does contract it.

It's a personal choice so I won't begrudge any of them either way. But I do think there's an argument to be made that the knowledge and constant testing they'll have, not to mention the structured activity on a daily basis w/ steady contact tracing, could serve to make them SAFER by playing vs. not.

I think it's shitty to call them selfish (though it's also shitty to use selfish strictly as a pejorative - we're all self-interested the overwhelming majority of the time). But I do think some of them may end up getting this wrong. Just because you're girlfriends grandpa died of it, that doesn't mean you're better off not going to the facility every day, working in closed group settings and being constantly tested than you would be by simply staying away from the office and doing...whatever. And not being tested.

Unless they're simply gonna lock themselves in the house for 6 months (and some of them may), I'm not sure there's the overarching benefit that they expect. I guess we'll see when the season starts.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote