View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 10:06 AM   #190
Starter

Well said Tomahawk-
You are right that right now we are mostly targeting the KC area but we are looking to do more outside of KC to help other communities,so if anyone has a cause then let us know and we will try to help. RedXtreme has been helping a little boy from Coffeyville that is in need of liver transplant, visit the Zane Cox link to find out more. I'm sending charity balls clear out to western Kansas to help more money and have been approached about making school appearances in Topeka,Scott City,Great Bend,Hoisington which I plan on doing all of these. Right now we are overwelmed here in KC but as soon as the season ends with us winning in Detroit, that is the time that we will be able to reach out to those areas outside of the KC area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomahawk kid
Okay, I'm going to jump in here and give my $0.02, because well, opinions are like....you know what.

Also, I haven't met any of these guys personally and don't know them from Adam.

Anyway, I can see how someone like Sully could get the impression that these guys want attention drawn to themselves. (I think one member in particular can give off that vibe). However, after visiting their website and few times and getting an impression of their personalities from this board and others, I don't think that is the case.

If you visit kcsuperfans.com for five minutes, you'll get the idea that these guys have HUGE hearts and their primary interests are with our Metropolitan community. I don't believe that they're a "better Chiefs fan" than I am, because they paint their faces and wear costumes (I don't believe that they think that either). I DO think they collectively set an example of how we, as members of our community (over and above being a Chiefs fan), should give BACK in some way, shape or form. That's it.

I DON'T think they're ripping off or imitating Raider Nation (why would anyone ever do THAT?!) anymore than BoneLady or The Big Dog in Cleveland, Fireman Ed in New York or Big Nasty in Tampa. I mean, who here hasn't "dressed up" up for some reason or another. If that's the way that they choose to express their "fandom" of the Chiefs - more power to 'em.

I think their attitude of community involvement is something we should ALL aspire to.
xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.xfactor would the whole thing.