View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 10:41 AM   #90
Greatest QB Duo of 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassy Snatch View Post
Also treating it like a given the resources will keep coming in. At a point the dude is going to have to prove he can actually provide results from these substantial investments or it's going to dry up. And sorry, I'm not seeing where that's going to come from given the state of the program and what's in the pipeline.
It's not a given that the investments will keep coming in, but if Drink is able to not alienate the boosters or fan-base to the point that Odom did, which I don't think he will, there's no reason not to think that the investments won't continue.

I do agree he does need to deliver results at some point and personally would move on from in 2024 if he doesn't hit 8 wins either this year or next, but Mizzou isn't Georgia, Florida, Alabama, etc. It takes time to develop and establish recruiting ties in football for most teams before seeing results.

I think Tennessee Year 2 under Heupel was an aberration. He inherited Hooker, and decided to bench him for Milton initially in 2021, then Hooker performed at an unsustainable rate of play with regard to his interception rate.

Similar with South Carolina. I think they improved under Beamer, no doubt, but it's hard not to when you go from starting a grad assistant at QB to a Power 5 transfer. You don't just go from getting curb stomped in Gainesville to a mediocre Florida team to dropping 63 the next week and then winning on the road at Clemson and can expect that to be the new norm in terms of performance. They'll probably finish 7-5.

Last edited by Rams Fan; 07-20-2023 at 10:47 AM..
Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Rams Fan 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.