View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 09:41 AM   #76
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I don't think he forgot the things he showed he knew at App State, no. Or things that we know Harsin was doing (while bringing Drink with him and promoting him).

We'd have all called Harsin a HR hire yet you put no stock in the fact that Harsin trusted Drink enough to bring him from stop to stop and promote him? I know he ran a heck of an offense at NC State with little more than Ryan Finley at QB - you think he can't get a Ryan Finley in here?

Bottoming out doesn't get you good draft picks in college football, folks. It puts you in the beginnings of a death spiral that can take DECADES to recover from - ask Kansas.

You're more accepting of that possibility because you think we should be competing for championships in the SEC. Frankly I'm just not sure why. This program doesn't have NEAR the resources that the UGAs, TNs and FLs of the conference do, let alone Alabama, LSU or A&M.

But an area you're seeming to not want to acknowledge, where Drink is making significant roads, is securing those resources. He's very popular among boosters and folks that can bankroll some of these steps into the higher levels of the SEC.

But I'm not going to pretend like Mizzou is college football royalty where 8-9 wins should be considered a disappointment. It just isn't that program. And you can put your bets on the next hire being the guy that annually puts us in the hunt for the SEC championship if you'd like, but if you want to stack odds, the odds OVERWHELMINGLY favor the next guy being someone who puts us in the basement of the SEC vs. puts us in the driver's seat.

The risk/reward ratio just isn't there at all.

"I guess I just have higher standards" - no, you simply lack a fundamental grasp of the reality on the ground. And a serious impulse control issue.
So you were upset with the Barry Odom firing? I'm not sure why I'm getting the heat either when a vast majority of this thread is people saying the same thing I am. Also, things are a bit different between Appalachian St/NC State and Mizzou. I've never once pushed back on the idea that he's securing resources, but that should be on the administration of the school to pull those resources and not the head coach. It was supposedly the entire god damn reason we moved from the Big 12 to the SEC was all the money it'd bring in to improve the sports programs.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.