View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 02:20 PM   #3777
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaklandhater View Post
I'm out I hope those movies bomb hard at the box office.
I believe that it seriously misplaced hatred and extremely immature. If you don't Johnson's work (and I don't), don't patronize his products in the movie theater.

That said, and I know that this might sound strange, but I think the future of Star Wars is on the small screen, not the big screen, at least not Post-Skywalker Saga.

The reason why Marvel films are so successful is that people are entrenched with the characters and have been into them since childhood, whether that's 20, 30, 40 or 50+ years ago. They have an incredibly strong fan base built over decades of comics.

Star Wars popularity was due to the Original Trilogy. People adored Luke, Leia, Han, Lando and Chewie while Darth Vader is the greatest bad guy of all time. Remove those characters, as Disney has done, and the popularity wanes, as we've seen with Episode VII. Lucasfilm is completely delusional if they believe that people will purchase tickets in droves for a story unconnected to the Skywalker saga with brand new characters in a different part of the galaxy, just because it has "Star Wars" in the title.

On the other hand, Lucasfilm can build a "brand" with a TV series, as we've seen with Rebels and Clone Wars. I'd imagine that the new Benioff & Weiss series will introduce characters over multiple seasons that people will grow to love but that it will take time to develop and get to the point where people want to see some of these characters or settings on the big screen.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote