Thread: Life Intermittent Fasting
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 10:46 AM   #95
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
This.

I'm a huge fan of low carb/keto eating but not everyone can do it. Some people have medical conditions that prevent them from trying it. Keto doesn't cure everything (despite what advocates say.)

I did do a 10 day "water fast." (I ate nothing for 10 days - only took in fiber capsules, two multivitamins a day, and drank 0 calorie powerade for magnesium/potassium/salt.) I lost 20 lbs, I've kept it off for almost 6 months now, and was amazed how much better I felt.
I know of some men that ate one of those hi-carb lo-fat diets who still had heart attacks. Turned out they improved with a more hi-fat paleo diet, including allowing cream and butter instead. Cholesterol plunged, blood pressure improved etc. Sugar can create a problem for that and it also increased inflammation.
Inflammation is a factor that is being looked at more.

I've a cousin, who was slim her whole life, yet she ate lots of butter, actually her whole family, never dieted and pretty much ate what she wanted and still has never gained weight. She is always trying to stay up to 105 pounds at what I think is 5'2" or just under that. She just can't gain weight. It's her metabolism as well as the rest of them in that family.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.