Thread: Food and Drink What Salsas are you guys running
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 12:50 PM   #85
Supporter

There is a restaurant in the suburbs, far enough away I haven't bothered so far as to go back there and interrogate them, but they had a salsa I wish I could replicate. But I haven't really run into anything quite like it.

It was mostly clear, almost like it was thickened with cornstarch [though I'm sure that's not it], but basically a syrupy consistency with little bits suspended in it. The heat and flavor was fresh habanero and cilantro. But then it had these little . . . pearls . . . of garlic AND AVOCADO. Like the size of a quinoa or tabbouleh. The garlic was roasted, so it was very soft, and both the garlic and avocado kind of 'burst' like dipping dots when you ate it.

Very tasty, at first you get the heat of habanero and the snap of cilantro, then you get the burst of garlic and avocado that made it less spicy and a little creamy. Fascinating.

I really don't how how they got so fine a dice of things so soft without it turning to paste. I assume they went to the trouble of freezing them first.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.