Thread: Food and Drink What Salsas are you guys running
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2021, 12:04 PM   #83
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
What salsas are you animals eating?

I live in butt**** nowhere and the salsa selection out here is ****ing criminal. Especially given the Latino population out here. Regardless, the little Mexican grocery store I was using had to close down. So ultimately I’m looking for a good salsa I can order online.

I bought some dried peppers I intend to make some of my own, but it will be a couple weeks before I can get a look at it and I’m sure it will take my dumbass several batches before I can get it right.

What do you got?
Depends on what you like, but my extensive rankings of salsas available in the Dodge City area, not too far from you.

1. Tacos Jaliscos - Dodge City-(not the one in the mall, the one on Wyatt Earp) Very watery, and the temp rating can vary quite a bit per batch, but very tasty IMO. My favorite.

2. Tapias Mexican Restaurant- Belpre, KS (between Kinsley and Stafford)- Pretty good mix of tomatoes and sauce, VERY hard to find if you don't know it's there, but definitely worth the stop.

3. Tacos Chavas- Dodge City- This is a yellow food truck, they have Tacos Pastor that are some of the best tacos I've ever had in my life. It is usually parked around the Heartland IPA Grocery/Shell Station on Comanche St, I think its a salsa verde on the tacos, but I think you can get it on the chips too.

4. El Korita- Dodge City- Very cool $1 ala carte menu under glass 2 days a week (Wed and Thurs I think) mini tacos, flautas, decent red salsa with chips, a little salty.

5. Cant remember the name, and not on google maps, and i think the name changes like every couple of months, but South Dodge City burrito shop next to Johns auto bodyon S. 14th You have to specially request the green sauce, but they give it to you in a giant bottle and it is great on one of their super burritos.

6. El Charro- Dodge City- much thicker and tomatoey, but still decent. The portons here are usually larger than you can eat.

There is fantastic Mexican food there, it's literally the only thing I miss about living there. I sure don't miss the wind or the cattle smell.

Note- It's been a few years since I lived there so some of these might have gone under. do not go to Casa Alvarez in DC, they are routinely cited for food and health violations.
banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.banyon has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.