View Single Post
Old 03-14-2024, 07:59 AM   #233
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Well, glad that is over.

I watched last night for the first time in a few weeks and confirmed my months-old belief that if I never seen Nick Honor, Noah Carter, or Conor Vanover play again, it will be too soon.

Man. Just three guys being asked to do too much at a level they just can’t do it.

As soon as Honor did his patented “drive into the teeth of the defense and pivot aimlessly until throwing up a prayer of a scoop rather than draw a five seconds call” late, I knew it was over. That we got a Carter missed layup and bricked three, and an offensive rebound that led to a 3 for the opposing team, 2023-24 Mizzou bingo card was complete.

Next year is a big year for Gates now, obviously. He will have the type of team he has wanted - size, length, and athleticism to spare.

If they can keep Bates in the fold and add another good player in the portal, combined with Boateng, they should have more competent offensive sources. They really need Boateng or the portal guy to be someone that can create off the bounce.

I’m optimistic about Anthony Robinson and Jordan Butler and Trent Pierce and their potential. Hopefully lights come on in year 2 for them.
Yeah this year was abysmal, but I'm willing to give Gates another year to see what he can do with his guys. If next year is even kinda like this year, then he's probably getting fired. Can't have a team full of non defenders with no offensive talent and expect to win anything.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.