View Single Post
Old 03-27-2017, 08:51 PM   #104
Seeking the Truth daily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowanian View Post
Who knows about 3 point rototillers?

I'm going to buy one soon, 5-6' to put behind a 45h tractor.
I have a 2 bottom plow and am going to add the tiller for personal use and probably till gardens and food plots for some $.

I'm interested in preferred makes/models...to offset or not to offset and shear pins or the slip clutch.
I have a 6 foot reverse cut LandPride

I run it on a 4730 John Deere...about 55 HP

Its a digger but it takes time...they all do. And they wont till sod into a 8 in deep tilled patch in one pass.. It takes a while.

I like the reverse tines for food plots because it will throw rocks or old hidden stumps forward.

I typically use it in my veg garden for fall tillage only and my Try built for spring tillage dur=e to being able to run in moister soils with the old troy.

They represent tractor horsepower in my mind too low...they take serious HP when in deep cutting or clay soils...I can nearly stall mine.
HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.HonestChieffan is obviously part of the inner Circle.