Thread: Football Broncos news megathread
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2016, 10:07 PM   #7556
Shameless Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackOp View Post
Manning revitalized him...he would have been a Chief had 5head not been there. Sanders going to the Donkos had nothing to do with Elway...other than selling the "want to play with Peyton" card...which was repeated to Talib, Ward and Ware. That selling point is over...

Sanders probably isn't too excited about getting low-balled to play with Semenboy...and Elway hasn't learned anything from pissing off Miller/Brock. You dont think leaking the contract details made it's rounds in the locker room...or Von cutting horseface out of the picture? It doesn't sound like he's interested in extending...at least from his tweet...read like he plans on testing the market.
Really? The thing with Brock turned out just fine. With what Houston offered, there was nothing Elway could have said that was going to convince him to stick around. And thankfully, Elway didn't try and outbid them. In fact, I'll go as far as to say that what Elway reportedly offered him as his best offer was way too high. Thank the good Lord that worked out the way it did. I will be surprised if Brock dramatically outplays Siemian this year. And I'll take Paxton Lynch's long-term upside over Brock's.

Obviously, there were some hurt feelings in the Von negotiations. But it all worked out. Elway has gotten some GREAT value on other deals he's negotiated. I'll take his approach over overpaying every day.

We're now approaching $50 million in cap space, after this year. All we've heard over the past few years, from opposing fans, is that we're entering a half-decade of cap hell. Well, the net result of our "cap hell" is that we lost Malik Jackson and Danny Trevathan. Don't get me wrong - I'd rather have those guys, than not have them. But Trevathan is already replaced, and I'll roll the dice that our $50 million in cap space will give us some options on replacing Malik.
DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DomCasual must have mowed badgirl's lawn.