Thread: Travis Etienne
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2019, 08:06 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanBusby View Post
Speaking of linebackers. I really like the kid from Oklahoma and think he's going to be a star.
There are 4 linebackers I think KC could/should target depending on what they value:

OLB
Isaiah Simmons - Clemson
The man can run, plays violent, and can do it all: blitz, stack/shed, cover and pursue. Problem is he is a top 20 pick and probably unattainable without a trade up.

Kenneth Murray - Oklahoma
Size, strength and a force in pass rush. A great 1 gap scheme linebacker. Violent player, but tends to tackle high and is limited in pass coverage. Not a guy you want in man coverage on elusive backs or tight ends. Probably still on the board in the mid-2nd round.

ILB
Malik Harrison - Ohio State
Best suited as a MLB thumper, but is smart, tough and would be a great 1 gap scheme backer. Prototype size and build. Makes plays as a blitzer, but earns his accolades as a dependable run stuffer. Projcted to go late 1st, early 2nd.

Jacob Phillips - LSU
Would be great in a read/react role as he diagnoses well and is a savvy player. Great pursuit and is quick to read keys. Not a devastating tackler, but solid. Good pass coverage ability considering he’s deemed an inside backer. Really sound in short to intermediate pass drops.

I’d be happy with any one of these guys. Simmons is the crown jewel, but likely will be gone by the time the Chiefs pick. Murray is just fun to watch, but is probably the most raw of this group.
Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.Chief Northman has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.