Thread: Movies and TV HBO: True Detective
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2015, 08:12 AM   #804
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage View Post
I thought it was good. It felt a bit scattered. I imagine it's harder to introduce the 4 leads as opposed to 2. Especially since Marty and Rust could be together in a lot of scenes and that wasn't the case yet for this show.

It doesn't seem like were gonna get much levity which leaves it pretty bleak.

Rust and Marty weren't necessarily "good guys" but it was easy to buy in and be on their side because they were trying to prevent a great evil. There's nothing like that yet, it was just hey look at these broken assholes

The story seems like it could be pretty interesting though
From Rust's and Marty's conversations and actions we know that they aren't moral paragons of any sort but they are clearly on the side of good. We don't see what was in the meth making house or what was on the tape but considering everybodies reaction to it? I bet it was pretty soul destroying.

If you notice, everytime Rust shows the tape to people, he can't watch it again. He turns his back to the showing.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.