View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:53 PM   #36
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cornstock View Post
So this is a hard thought to hash out in writing but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

Jimmy page has a rif that he integrates throughout several of his solos in several songs. Kind of a building arpeggio scale. If Greta Van Fleet can come up with their own but similar thing, they are on track for legendary status

I googled it to see if there's a name for it, but it might be one of those things the average listener doesn't have the ear to pick up on. But it's kind of his default solo theme, that he varies and improvs
The similarities to Page are undeniable, wouldnt argue the Jimmy influence at all

I'm just an ear player with little formal training, but Jimmies influence is undeniable with Jake Kiszka... dont care either way, love what those kids do

They're plenty young enough to grow and put their own stamp on things, I'll tell you this much... if they come around here, I'm there
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.