View Single Post
Old 02-16-2018, 10:35 PM   #31
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy 6 View Post
The really cool thing about those guys, having read several interviews... is that they never set out to be Led Zeppelin

But the band itself just had that love for old school blues rock, then they added that singer... and it naturally morphed into a Zep II thing, even if they kinda try to downplay it during interviews

Compared to what passes as 'rock n roll' these days, I love them... their hearts in the right place for sure

The coolest part isnt that they're doing it, its that there is still an audience for great rock like that... it gives me faith in our youngsters
So this is a hard thought to hash out in writing but I think you'll know what I'm talking about.

Jimmy page has a rif that he integrates throughout several of his solos in several songs. Kind of a building arpeggio scale. If Greta Van Fleet can come up with their own but similar thing, they are on track for legendary status

I googled it to see if there's a name for it, but it might be one of those things the average listener doesn't have the ear to pick up on. But it's kind of his default solo theme, that he varies and improvs
Cornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliCornstock 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli