View Single Post
Old 01-18-2024, 03:37 PM   #820
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Hasty.

Sneed is a faster version of James Hasty. The older version of Hasty that played with us - not the younger version with the Jets. That version was faster than Sneed.

But by the time he got here he knew how he had to play and man did he do it.

That's another reason I'm more inclined to extend Sneed despite his age. Hasty was out there taking scalps at 35 yrs old. Now I don't think that's doable in the modern era - too much wide open passing. But at 31 or 32? Yeah, if Sneed's knees hold up, he can do that.

Give him 3-4 more years here and he's going into the Ring of Honor. He's building a hell of a legend in Kansas City. I'd hate to see the story end here.
I want to agree, but I don't know that I can. Hasty may have been fast, but I certainly don't remember it (even with the Jets). He was always a guy that would/could jam the receiver, but I don't recall him ever having the speed to keep up with a guy. He typically grabbed and held receivers, assuming they couldn't call everything. LJS is a physical specimen but he also runs a 4.37. He's just the entire package.

Is Dale Carter the better comp? Both could play safety, but I don't think even Dale ever ran faster than a 4.4. LJS is just a different cat.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.