View Single Post
Old 11-16-2023, 09:02 AM   #211
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
2. More mild, but would venture into medium. Right now, smoking a RP White Label mainly. Last time I was at the cigar shop, guy recommended a Drew Estate Liga Privada as a comparable cigar to the RP.
Liga Privadas, especially #9 is VERY strong

3. Usually smoke at the house, on the golf course, or clubhouse.
Smoke mild stuff and thinner ring gauge on golf course. Heavier cigars can hit you and bigger ring gauges unravel with wind and conditions on course.
Heavier cigars after meals

4. Until I get a good feel for what I like, I'd like to stay on the cheaper side. Which I'm not really doing spending $20 a cigar. Lol
Plenty of GREAT cigars from $5-$12 range, mainly in samplers.
I don't buy cigars more than $15 a stick as a rule but from time to time I will buy a Padron that run $18-30. Never Davidoff's or other crazy sticks at $30+

5. I have a small humidor. Similiar to this one.
These can bleed humidity from the seal between glass and wood but good for a start. Buy yourself 70% Boveda packs to control humidity. Also use DISTILLED water if you have a sponge to soak.

Heavier, darker cigars with oily wrappers will hold more moisture and need to be relit often.

Here is a FANTASTIC deal for 5 Cigars of the Year - jump on this. $8 a stick is super.

https://www.cigarplace.biz/cigar-afi...r-sampler.html

Thanks for all the info scho. I'll pick up that sampler and give it a go!
Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Plow is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote