View Single Post
Old 04-17-2024, 11:46 AM   #1335
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
Which locally owned businesses there are you fighting for to keep that's more valuable than having a stadium and having a team in town?

You'd think that area would be crowded with consumers the way people talk about the businesses there. But it's mainly always dead. I guess I underestimate how much people love Temptations
Your use of Temptations slides you into the column of people who get ignored in these conversations.

I personally didn't have ties to any specific business within the footprint. I was surprised by how many people seemed to rank this really high on their list of concerns, but I could easily lean to understanding their view as I often personally despise how domain gets used today. Especially when it's obviously being abused.

There's also something to be said for removing locally owned business that nearly always get replaced with chain store brands owned by an investor group in these types of deals. Using tax dollars to cause a business replacement that leads to exporting profits from the community to some investment group just doesn't sit well with many people.
ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.ghak99 has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote