View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 12:45 PM   #171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I call it like I see it. I was in Long Beach a few weeks ago and had trouble finding a sports bar - any sports bar. I had to drive to Seal Beach or somewhere, and the first one I found had no food menu and half a dozen sad-looking people in it who were clearly only there for the alcohol, so I had to leave and find another one (which in fairness was a good one). I go to Orange County regularly, and have found precisely one sports bar there so far that's what I would call legit. I ran a race in Escondido a few years ago and drove all over trying to find a sports bar afterwards. I ran a race north of downtown Los Angeles last year and could only find a pathetic one in that area. Here in Denver, I've got 10 that are within a 15 minute drive.

Maybe I'm missing something. Maybe there's a different term for them that I don't know. But all I know is that it's hard for me to find a place to watch games when I'm there, and I'm not just hanging out in one area.

And I also observe that three NFL franchises have pulled out of the area over the years. That seems notable.
kyzirsoze lives in L.A. and goes to a Chiefs bar that looks amazing. Packed house, people doing the chop, the works. Might be farther north than you want but worth checking out if you can.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.