View Single Post
Old 04-08-2024, 09:26 AM   #267
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I agree. FSD seems to struggle knowing driving etiquette too sometimes. The biggest issue I had so far is one that isn't surprising but in a construction area on the highway we had zippered into one lane and there were cones but not many. They had us all in the far right lane and the 3 left lanes were open. FSD kept wanting to change lanes to go around the cars into the vacant lanes lol

But one of the goals of the trial FSD is to gather data. The more it is used, the better it gets and more information is sent to Tesla for them to use to make it better and for AI to improve it as well.

I'm definitely not planning to buy it for 12k when the trial ends, but I'll definitely keep using Autopilot. I just wish AP did automatic lane changes when I tell it to.
I was using AP on a drive Saturday and it definitely helped to avoid an accident. Traffic was flowing and I noticed a car stranded on the left shoulder two lanes over. I was distracted for maybe one second when some moron moves into my lane and slows to about 10 mph. AP hit the brakes hard before I could and then I took over. Might have been an insurance scam or just an idiot.
LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.LagunaSWana must have mowed badgirl's lawn.