View Single Post
Old 04-07-2024, 01:37 PM   #266
Future NBA Finals MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LagunaSWana View Post
I have a Y and I got the update a couple of days ago. Tried it on the freeway and I MUCH prefer autopilot to FSD. FSD attempted a couple of lane changes that I was uncomfortable making. Both times when there was a car coming up doing a higher speed than me. It would be the type of lane change that would have pissed of the person. It also decided to get out of the carpool lane miles ahead of an interchange where I would be going from one freeway to another.

I changed back to autopilot after one drive. I may give it a try on city streets or use the summon feature just to see what it's like, but I wouldn't spend a dime on it and am very glad I didn't buy it when I got my Y new. It was $7,500 at the time and I would consider that throwing $7,500 away.
I agree. FSD seems to struggle knowing driving etiquette too sometimes. The biggest issue I had so far is one that isn't surprising but in a construction area on the highway we had zippered into one lane and there were cones but not many. They had us all in the far right lane and the 3 left lanes were open. FSD kept wanting to change lanes to go around the cars into the vacant lanes lol

But one of the goals of the trial FSD is to gather data. The more it is used, the better it gets and more information is sent to Tesla for them to use to make it better and for AI to improve it as well.

I'm definitely not planning to buy it for 12k when the trial ends, but I'll definitely keep using Autopilot. I just wish AP did automatic lane changes when I tell it to.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.