View Single Post
Old 09-23-2020, 10:42 AM   #50
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
This is what it boils down to, really. Same thing with Deshaun Watson and Lamar Jackson. People just want to be right about their college evaluations.
For me, I never evaluated Herbert coming out. Didn't get a chance to watch him a lot in college.

Let me put it this way:

With Herbert, as it is with all young QB's I see, I want to actually be impressed before I start saying I was impressed.

The guy played a solid game. He wasn't spectacular and outside of one throw, he wasn't even impressive. He was "good".

And then we have to hear the talking heads saying that his back corner throw to a WIDE OPEN WR was so hard, like Herbert is the only rookie that could make that throw. The hyperbole is just silly. Lots of guys in the NFL can make that throw. Doesn't mean they're going to be successful long term.

And that has a lot to do with how I evaluate Watson and Jackson, especially Jackson.

It gets really old listening to how Jackson is the best QB in the NFL when anybody with eyes can clearly see he isn't.

It's unfortunately just a symptom of the world we live in, especially with the media. One is not really allowed to say anything neutral or ambivalent. Everything has to be highly polarized. A guy is going to be great or he's going to be a bust. Nah, I haven't seen anything from Herbert yet that suggests either of those things is true.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.