View Single Post
Old 01-18-2019, 02:42 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I feel like they missed their window by...I dunno....2 decades.

I loved Ghostbusters and watched Ghostbusters 2 until the tape wore out because I was a latchkey kid, Netflix wasn't a thing and I didn't realize that it wasn't actually very good at the time.

But watching those movies you realize that the chemistry of the characters is what made it, notably Ramis, Murray and Aykroyd. Well Ramis is dead, Aykroyd might as well be (dude probably weighs 3 bills these days unless he got himself on a diet to prepare for the role) and Bill Murray essentially plays the character of Bill Murray these days. Even if he wanted to come back, I don't think he can even do that character worth a damn anymore; he's developed this level of Wes Anderson character perma-fried.

And really, who cares about Winston? Janine and Louis ain't carrying a sequel.

I just don't see how you do it in a way that anyone is going to give a rip about at this point. Surely there won't be any kind of god-awful fan-service with Egon's ghost or worse yet, his kid or grandkid as a spunky child sidekick.

Christ...Egan's grandkid is going to be in this as a spunky child sidekick, isn't he? Wait...she.

No, there was a time and place to have done this and that time has long since past. A reboot had a chance had it not been turned into typical Feig girlpower ass and the well not been poisoned by...well...girlpower ass. I can't convince myself that this is something I'll even want to see as a rental. There's just no way to do it justice at this point.
Make Oscar, the baby from Ghostbuster 2, the central character that creates a new Ghostbusters team with Ray, Peter and Winston on the sidelines. Oscar would be around 30 now and they could create a cast around that character.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.