Thread: Food and Drink Strouds fried chicken
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2005, 12:11 AM   #104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
I dunno - brown rice, peanut base, ginger, various Asian spices.... Nothing specific. I literally combine a lot of styles.

For instance, I recently made a shrimp fried rice combination with tex-mex flair. I used a heavy ginger sauce instead of a soy sauce and topped it all with a peppery sauce more typically used in Tex-Mex. Finally, I garnished with cilantro instead of green onion.
Try this as a marinade

1/3c soy sauce
1/3c ceasar salad dressing
1/3c pineapple juice(from canned pineapple)
1/3c jalapeno juice
3 cloves fresh garlic minced
Juice from one lemon

It doesn't look to have an asian flair to it, but it definately does. The marinade itself smells like ginger dressing.
Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Abba-Dabba Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.