View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 11:55 AM   #83
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valiant View Post
As years go by the contracts would not hurt as much for guys like hill.

I would pay hill, mahomes and Jones.

If I could talk them into a group discount I would see if they would do it. Give them cheaper years but add in incentive bonuses. That way if they drop off it lessens what we pay them in later years.

Ford I would tag. My gut is telling me we will have another Houston after he gets paid. Transition allows us to match. Franchise if we want to try one more year or trade.

I also want us to switch to 4 3.

As for hunt. He is good but his style won't last the contract. Elite guys are worth it still IMO if you don't have a qb. Amazing when you do like gurley.
Hell I think new England makes a play if bell hits free agency. Not at his contract demand though.
I think the problem with basing contracts on incentives is that most guys aren't going to go for that. They know that production can just fall off a cliff no matter how hard they try. They also know players get hurt all the damn time and if they get hurt they can't hit their incentives. The players only care about what they are guaranteed.

The only way I could see the players being ok with incentives is if those incentives are extremely high, but still they know their health isn't guaranteed.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.