View Single Post
Old 07-20-2023, 05:43 PM   #822
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balto View Post
It's probably already mentioned and this was before Quinnen Williams signed his new contract BUT there was a report that suggested Chiefs and Jets trade Jones for Williams+pick/player or something I believe. It talked about how Jets could give Jones the money he wants and would be an upgrade to win now with Rodgers while Williams would fit more in the young defensive movement we are doing at the moment. Williams is not on Jones level BUT is right below it. I don't see the Jets still doing this but if they would do a player for player that would save a ton of cap because Jets would eat Williams bonuses. Again just thought it was interesting but never gonna happen kinda thing.

Also I see people saying Jones wants money and HOF. What do you think he needs to do to make the HOF?

Looking at pro-football-reference "Hall of Fame Monitor" it shows Bob Lilly with 159 HOFm points with Aaron Donald 2nd overall at 146.25 points followed by Randy White with 143.68.

The average HOF points for a DT is 105. ATM Jones is at 43.93 with 107 games played. Guys like Fletcher Cox(173) and Geno Atkins(161) are sitting at about 76 HOF points. The closest active player to 105 not named Aaron Donald is Suh with 84.58 points and 199 games played...He won't make it to 105.

This tells me Jones will have to have at least 4 more "Chris Jones" type years to even get close to being considered for the HOF and how fuking good Aaron Donald has been over his relative short career.
I never saw that report and don't believe it for a second. I'd rather pay have Jones for a few million per year more than Williams. Jones is DPOTY good and Williams isn't really on that level.
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.