View Single Post
Old 09-18-2018, 09:17 AM   #62
Customized User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
But were the roads in good shape?
Roads are usually good, even non tolls; repave frequently. CA takes your money and the roads are crap.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabblerouser View Post
There are nice people in Maine.
Yep, Mainers are usually very nice unlike massholes.
Quote:
Maine has stupid geographic names. Wassamattamekong. Mustafaateanorca. Wakkawakkamoosebegone. Grow up, people. Give your stupid cities names that are reasonable....
Maine killed all of the local Indians with their interesting languages
Make up your mind they are either interesting or stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Tolls are really annoying. I've elaborated on Oklahoma tolls and California tolls in the past. On this trip I had to pay $3 a day to the rental car company for a device that allows me to automatically pay $1 every ten miles to the f'ing state of Maine. That's like a 300% tax.
Where did you go? 95 from the south has a $1 and $3 toll to get to the coast but then there are no tolls on the coast. If you like tolls, take 95 south to NY area and find some 5, 10, $15 bridges. I think it cost me $40 in tolls to drive to Baltimore couple years ago. I've been to 49 states and moved to midcoast Maine from San Diego. Coastal Maine is the best especially when you get a little north and there are less people. I'm with you on lobster rolls. I have a recreational license for lobstering and catch 20+ per week in my backyard. My favorite way for lobster is lightly floured then deep fried, beans, homemade flour tortilla, salsa and guacamole California style with fries. Usually have that twice a week through the year.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	63.2 KB
ID:	116979  

Last edited by highBOLTage; 09-18-2018 at 09:24 AM..
highBOLTage has disabled reputation