View Single Post
Old 07-23-2020, 04:34 AM   #773
Here We Go Again

Quote:
Originally Posted by keg in kc View Post
So good news and bad news. I'll start with the bad.

Peace Talks released on Tuesday, the long awaited continuation of The Dresden Files. And now we know why the next book is coming out so soon (September): Peace Talks is half a book. I don't know if Butcher or the Publisher is to blame, but my advice to anyone interested is to wait until Battle Grounds releases and read them both. Peace Talks is one of the weakest Dresden books, padded with fluff and filler, and ends abruptly in what amounts to a cliffhanger. And not even an interesting one. The story basically just stops, like it's the end of a paragraph. I had to rewind to make sure I hadn't missed something. Not good.
Based on Butcher being a pretty damn good guy, I'd guess the blame is on the publisher. I think he turned in a pretty damn long book, and they said nope. After that long, we need more than just one long book and split it up.

The book does get much better, right before it abruptly ends.

Thank God Battle Grounds is nigh.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.