View Single Post
Old 04-19-2024, 07:39 PM   #9
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
I looked at the MIN - HOU trade and it looked about the same.

MIN gave up
480 points - #42 overall
16.2 points - #188 overall
xxx points - 2025 2nd round pick

HOU gave up
760 points - #23 overall
1 point - # 232 overall

A middle of round 2 pick would value at about 415 points, but the difference between the two trades is about 265 points. That indicates a premium for Houston of about 150 points which is about 36%.

I just chose that particular trade because it was very recent. What trades do you consider to be much different in compensation premiums? Let's keep them within the last 5-10 years.
I see how you are doing your math but it's not a convenient way to convey it.

If the 2025 pick is worth 265 points in the trade, then that is about 55% of their current round 2 pick value. That's precisely why I said approximately 50% of the current pick and that's normally how it's stated.

It varies in a range of 35% to 60% of the current year's pick with fair regularity. Those fluctuate based on the model. The Hill model is usually a better representation of trade values too.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.