Thread: Computers Youtube.TV
View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 05:20 PM   #53
Sometimes it's black and white

Anyone using the DVR function with Chrome on a desktop/laptop to watch games on ESPN?

When I try to use the slider bar, to skip commercials, or the 15 second advance, about every third or fourth time the player locks up and I have to reload the web page to get things working.

So ESPN is at 720 and 60 frames. Watching live, or playing back a game works great while it is streaming. Picture quality is great. I don't notice any freezes or artifacts. But skipping forward causes it to occasionally freeze. Wondering if anyone else was experiencing this. It's too bad. In addition to skipping commercials, for a basketball game that I am only semi-interested in, I would like to use the 15 second advance to skip free throws and other breaks in the action. But doing this causes too many freezes to make it worthwhile.

I get this on two different computers. My old Windows 7 and new Windows 10 desktops.

I tried watching some NHL on NBCsn. It has the option of 1080 (or 720) but only at 30 frames. When the players are standing around before the puck drops, they look great. As soon as the action starts and they are flying around the ice, it looks bad. Like a really crappy video game bad. NBCsn does a lot of hockey. Hockey at 30 frames looks bad. I didn't have any problems skipping forward with the slider bar or 15 second jump (so there is that), but I decided it wasn't worth watching unless/until they have a 720 60 option.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.