Thread: Computers Youtube.TV
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 05:53 PM   #49
Sometimes it's black and white

So I tried this from a different computer. From a windows 10 pc plugged into a 4k monitor with display port, I get 720.

From the old windows 7 desktop plugged into the surround sound with HDMI to the 60" TV, I only get 480p.

What a nuisance.

It is Windows 7 but it is certainly capable of supporting 1080/60 let alone 720/60. I did a speed test and got 90 Mbs on the Windows 7 machine. I'm using Chrome on both machines and both machines are up to date.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Would buying a chrome plugin likely make any difference?

I like the Windows 7 media center because I can DVR over the air broadcast and I have a remote that I can use to fast forward. The last time I checked, Windows 10 didn't support over the air recording with a remote for playback. But would going to Windows 10 but leaving the same HDMI hookups likely work?

Update:

Changing the settings on my computer from 1080 to 720 allowed me to watch youtube TV at 720 60. Weird, but I will take it.

Last edited by Chief Pagan; 02-25-2018 at 04:57 PM..
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.