Thread: Computers Youtube.TV
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2018, 03:00 PM   #48
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles View Post
The streaming quality is mostly 1080p 30fps with sports channels like ESPN are at 720p 60fps. Finding it better than my traditional cable service, Spectrum, which still shows signs of artifacting from compression.
So I signed up for my free month trial which part way through the process turned into a 7 day free trial. Whatever.

I recorded an ESPN college basketball game this morning as an experiment. When I played it back, the highest quality I could get was 480p.

Basketball on a 60" TV in 480p.

I went through the settings and didn't see anything. Was this probably a one-off or am I missing something?

I'm watching from Google's Chrome browser on my desktop. My desktop is connected directly to my surround sound unit with HDMI. And the TV is also directly connected to the surround sound with HDMI. I don't have any problems streaming 1080 movies with this setup.

Outside of the 480 issue, everything else from frame rate to jumping forward through commercials was very good. Much better than my experience with the slider bar on the ESPN rewatch or my experience streaming live from an XFINITY account.

Last edited by Chief Pagan; 02-24-2018 at 03:09 PM..
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.