View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 01:08 PM   #1940
oxymoron

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I get where he's coming from. Things were pretty stagnant for a long time. But what it comes down to is that cost is the barrier to doing crazier stuff, so reusability is as important as the general design.
Exactly. It's commercial, so everything comes down to the financial. There's not really anything inspiring there, to me. Which is what I think's been missing since the mid-70's and the end of the Apollo program. Because while I enjoyed the spectacle of the launches and the missions, I didn't like that we wasted an entire generation on the space shuttle, and I'm not sure we're doing much new now. And I don't know what this business version of the space race is going to do for us in terms of space exploration moving forward. Although I think the advances of the Chinese and Indian space programs could spur the US as a nation to do more. Although maybe not with fiscal conservatives in change of the purse strings.

I realize I'm saying this the same week we see the first pictures of Ultima Thule.
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.