View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 10:06 AM   #1554
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastashake View Post
You have described me to a tee. They say the unexamined life is not worth living, but I have to say the over-examined life is even worse. The knowledge you gain on a daily basis is large, but after a certain point it consumes you. You start to base your self-worth on your knowledge, which even makes you narcissistic; yet its never enough so you always feel inferior to those around you. You also find yourself never trusting your instinct, thinking out possible solutions even when you KNOW what should be done. This can many times be counterproductive, sometimes dangerous. And the ultimate frustration is the paralysis. Even on decisions you can analyze without worry, you can never decide. Because you see, hear, think too much. There's never one solution, or even two, there's about 10, 100, or sometimes even an infinite number of possibilities. All of this, needless to say can cause some extreme mental and emotional frustration, fatigue, and ultimately despair.

I guess that's my random thought. BTW its just a rant, not a state of being.
I must say, you've express really good points. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I can see you are speaking from experience. I want to elaborate on what you were saying on how knowledge can consume you, you couldn't have said it any better. Really. Also, I like to add, repetitive knowledge is not good either, after a point in time, I found that it creates boredom since your mind becomes so accustommed to the information you are taking in, its kinda like watching the same movie over and over twenty five times. This, causes us to lose contact with our own senses. I believe you have to lose your mind in order to restore or to come in contact with your own senses. Just a classic example of how dry concepts of the mind can obscure direct perception.
RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.