View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 08:48 AM   #1548
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier View Post
So the Forrest Gump/Paris Hilton philosophy? Not sure that I agree that limiting your knowledge and opportunities is the best way to happiness, but I guess it works for some people...
I believe the best route to happiness is learning to appreciate what you currently have rather than striving for more.

*I think we live in a society where we are trained and programmed to think a certain way. We are led to believe that constantly setting goals is the way to go in life. It's not. That's a concept of greed right there which is destructive upon the soul. How can one be happy if they always want more? Because basically all they're saying to themselves is, Im not satisfied, and with the greed mindset they never will be! this is why I believe people who are wealthy, are never happy. But notice people who are poor or in the middle have more of a smile on their face.

*I think its better to have enough and be happy than to have a wealth of riches and constantly working and be miserable. I believe that whatever you work for has no meaning in the end..We are all going die anyway, and everything you do in life is useless. Absolutely useless. I know this sounds negative but its real and its our fate. You see all this greed comes from coveting. and this is the biggest problem. We, as people covet way too much! Our own desires kill us and yet sometimes we don't even realize it. We get distracted and too caught up in satisfying our own desires. Just remember, anything you want in life, you have too work for. So if you covet a lot and have a mind loaded with desires, guess what? you'll be working your whole life and will be busy all the time. This is what a lot of people do. So they get distracted and lose their focus on the big picture. You know what the big picture is? Health. Sanity. Freedom. Peace of mind. Happiness. What about that stuff? Do they mention that in this society we live in? Hardly. These are the finer things in life but the also the groundwork of all health. Now, how is this attainable when you're constantly busy all the time? It's not, and thats what a lot of fail to realize sometimes. So the next time any of you decide to take a break from whatever it is you do, keep these thoughts in mind and you'll be a better person, and just always remember that you owe this to yourself and your spirit will prosper in the process.

*Remember what you are working for is only to satisfy your desires, and what you earn you can't take with you. Working all the time is robbing you from the finer things in life. Being busy isn't benefiting you, it's stressing you and making you sick. Being busy is not living your life. You are going to die someday, and it's not death that the sad part, whats even more sad is that a lot of people don't live their life at all.

I say this sincerely to you my brothers and sisters with my heart, Redthat
RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.RedThat is not part of the Right 53.