View Single Post
Old 01-22-2010, 02:49 AM   #1547
Insomniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lanier View Post
So the Forrest Gump/Paris Hilton philosophy? Not sure that I agree that limiting your knowledge and opportunities is the best way to happiness, but I guess it works for some people...
Lao Tsu thought that anything that messed with your desire to do what comes naturally is limiting to our overall contentment. There's actually a book called The Tao of Pooh, basically telling the reader that Winnie the Pooh is leading the ideal lifestyle for inner peace and contentment. He might be on to something, but that's not my style at all.

I think it is more of an overload. I have a real hard time shutting down my brain. Even now at 3:00 a.m., my mind is racing around. Perhaps there's a happy medium.

Like I said, I do believe the unexamined life is not worth living, but over-examination is just as detrimental.

And by no means am I trying to be self-righteous. Whenever you tell someone you are smart they automatically assume you're being arrogant, which is FAR from the truth. So what if you're smart? It doesn't make you any more of a person (believe me).

Here's another random thought. I'm like the opposite of a hot chick. When people say I'm interesting, and its like, "You know, there's more to me than just my personality. Why don't you try complimenting me on my body once in a while?"
Mastashake has disabled reputation