View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 06:01 AM   #252
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
For those that don't know, a Wonderlic test is basically a SAT. May be showing my age here. Do they still have SATs? Whatever, it has absolutely nothing to do with football. It's 50 math and reading comprehension questions timed.
As someone who excelled at standardized tests all my school life, I realized a long time ago that i wasn't nearly as smart as these tests said I was.

The key to doing well on a standardized test is to read a lot. You have to enjoy reading. The reason why is you simply have to read fast to get though all the questions within the time limit.

You get good at reading fast by doing a lot of it. If you read very fast, you will have the time to use deductive reasoning to eliminate a lot of options on the multiple choice standardized tests. This means you will guess well and appear to know more than you really do.

If you don't like to read, or struggle with some cultural or language barrier, the tests will make you appear far dumber than you really are. Muhammad Ali supposedly scored a 79 on an IQ test, which made him not so smart.

Uhhhh yeah. Anyone who watched that guy in an interview knows that's nonsense. Ali was very smart.
JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.JohnnyV13 is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.