Thread: Movies and TV IT remake 2017
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2017, 11:55 AM   #128
I like 'em mustard & biscuits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Not? View Post
Absolutely. Interestingly enough, the best King adaptation movies have really not been horror films. Stand by Me, The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption are all great movies. The Shinning is a top 10 all time film to me and it's certainly scary as hell but outside of that I struggle to find many King horror films that are really good. I like Silver Bullet and the first Creepshow was pretty good. Cat's Eye was good fun(not really a horror film). Cujo was decent. But none of those come close to The Shinning. I think this version of IT can. Not saying it will be as good and you can't beat prime Nicholson, but this has been a long time coming. For it to suck would be mind boggling.

One last thing, I really hope someone does a redo on Salem's Lot. Such a phenomenal book and the movie is just awful. Really a bummer.
The Shining of course easily at the top of Kings movie heap....but....what they did with the ending was tragic. they took away Jacks redemption (remember in the book he is talking psychically with Danny and comes to his senses enough to let the boiler blow) and instead had him freeze in a hedge maze. a maze which didn't exist in the book and seemingly replaced the hedge animals that came to life in the book...one of the coolest things in the story. but the ending...dammit. I heard King sued over the liberties they took with his story...no idea if true. at least the TV mini series stuck to the story.
hell hollywood screwed up the ending of The Mist movie too! talk about TOTAL SUCK! why do they do that shit. so annoying. it was worse than Old Yeller man!

having said all that...King has some good stuff on film. I really liked Firestarter, Carrie, Christine and Pet Sematary. good flicks. Cujo was tough to watch....just too slow....stuck in a car the whole movie. The It miniseries wasn't terrible....just too long... I'll be seeing this new one the day it comes out.

the idea of remaking Salems Lot is just great. I can't think of a King movie I've been more disappointed in. wonder who'd play the main.....
frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.frankotank 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.