Thread: Movies and TV IT remake 2017
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 07:51 AM   #127
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
This movie is going to either be a top 10 (if done right) or complete shit. There's just no middle ground with Stephen King adaptations.
Absolutely. Interestingly enough, the best King adaptation movies have really not been horror films. Stand by Me, The Green Mile and Shawshank Redemption are all great movies. The Shinning is a top 10 all time film to me and it's certainly scary as hell but outside of that I struggle to find many King horror films that are really good. I like Silver Bullet and the first Creepshow was pretty good. Cat's Eye was good fun(not really a horror film). Cujo was decent. But none of those come close to The Shinning. I think this version of IT can. Not saying it will be as good and you can't beat prime Nicholson, but this has been a long time coming. For it to suck would be mind boggling.

One last thing, I really hope someone does a redo on Salem's Lot. Such a phenomenal book and the movie is just awful. Really a bummer.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.